Kazi Akram Uddin Ahmed
Chairman – Standard Bank Limited
Member - Council of Advisor Bangladesh Awami League
International Director , Lions Club International
Education & Training
- Master of Science (M.Sc)
in Physics from University of Dhaka, Bangladesh (1963).
- Diploma-In-Personnel Management
from Oxford University, United Kingdom (1974).
- Other Training
- Higher Training in Industrial Management from Switzerland (1980).
- Served as the General Manager of Bangladesh Steel and Engineering Corporation (the state owned corporation overseeing all Govt. steel mills) (1972-1981).
Business & Industries
|Founder & Chairman:|| Standard Bank Limited
|Past President: || FBCCI (2012-2015)
|Former Chairman: || Bangladesh Association of Banks (BAB)
|Managing Director: ||The Eastern Engineering Works Ltd.
| ||Bright Traders (Overseas) (Trading Company).
| ||Bright Steel Wire Rope MFG. Co. Ltd.
| ||Bright Traders (Overseas)
|Former Director: || The Pan Pacific Sonargaon Hotel, Dhaka
| || Dhaka Stock Exchange & Chittagong Stock Exchange
|Other Business: ||President, Bangladesh Spring Manufacturers Association.
|Organizations: ||Former Director Central Depository of Bangladesh Ltd.
| ||Former Director Padma Oil Co. Ltd. the biggest oil distributing company in Bangladesh.
Involvement in Education:
- Former Member of the Regent Board of “Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujibur Rahman Science & Technology University, Gopalgonj”.
one of the public university of Bangladesh.
- Former Senate Member, Dhaka University.
- Founder Chairman, Sheikh Hasina Adarsha College, Kotalipara, Gopalgonj.
- Chairman, Kotalipara Union Institute Pilot High School, Kotalipara, Gopalgonj.
- Founder Donor Member, Tungipara Sheikh Mujibur Rahman Degree College, Tungipara, Gopalgonj.
- Chief Patron, Jamea Islamia Kurpala Madrasha & Orphanage.
- Trusty, Dhaka Shishu Hospital Board of Trust.
- Vice President, Bangladesh OISCA, Chittagong, Chapter.
- Founder & Life Member of Dhaka & Chittagong Lions Blood Bank.
- Former Chairman, Chittagong Lions Foundation, Eye Hospital, the biggest Lion Eye Hospital of the Country.
- Life Member, Bangladesh Lions Foundation.
- Advisor, Chittagong Diabetes Association.
- Life Member
» Bangladesh Red Crescent Society Life Member,
» Bangladesh Family Planning Samity,
» Bangladesh Diabetic Samity,
» Chittagong Shishu Hospital,
» Permanent Member Chittagong Club Ltd. since 1974.
Awards & Achievement
- Received UNESCO Gold Medal in 1991 for glorious social service.
- Received Scientist Sir Jagadish Chandra Bose National Smrity Memorial Gold Medal in grateful recognition of the unstinted and invaluable contribution rendered in the field of social service in 1993.
- Received “Shahid Suhrawardi National Gold Medal” in 1994 for education & social service.
- Received World Quality Commitment Award in Gold Category from Paris, France in 2009 as outstanding banker.
- From The International Association of Lions Clubs, received 05(five) “International President’s Leadership Awards” and 04(Four) “International President’s Medals”. Also the recipient of a 25-Year Chevron Award and is a Melvin Jones Fellow.
- Received Membership Award, 100% District Governor’s Award, Extension Award, District Governor’s Appreciation Awards, Past District Governor’s Running Trophies for outstanding Performance, Multiple International President’s Certificates of Appreciation, 05(five) “International President’s Leadership Awards” and 04(Four) “International President’s Medals”. Also the recipient of a 25-Year Chevron Award and is a Melvin Jones Fellow from the International Association of Lions Clubs.
a) Elected as District Governor, Lions District 315 B-2 for lionistic year 1993-94.
b) Elected as Chairman of the Council of Governors, Lions Clubs International Multiple District–315, Bangladesh in 1994-1995.
c) “International Director(2018-2020)” of “The International Association of Lions Clubs”.
- Member of Advisory Council of the ruling party of (Bangladesh Awami League).
- As the leader of the business delegation accompanying the Honorable Prime Minister of Bangladesh, visited numerous countries including India, Germany, Japan, China, Italy, USA.
- As Entourage of the Honorable Prime Minister of Bangladesh, Ln. Qazi Akramuddin Ahmed also attended 65th, 67th, 68th & 69th (2014) UN General Assembly at New York, USA.
- Most of the prominent countries of Asia, Europe, Africa Australia & North America.