Kazi Akram Uddin Ahmed
Chairman- Standard Bank Limited
Member- Advisory Council of Bangladesh Awami League
Chairman- Central Sub Committee of Industry & Commerce of Bangladesh Awami League
Past International Director- International Association of Lions Clubs
Education & Training
- Master of Science (M.Sc)
in Physics from University of Dhaka, Bangladesh (1963).
- Diploma In Personnel Management
from Oxford University (United Kingdom) (1974).
- Higher Training
in Industrial Management from Switzerland (1980)
Business & Industries
|Founder & Chairman:|| Standard Bank Limited
|Past President: || FBCCI (2012-2015)
|Former Chairman: || Bangladesh Association of Banks (BAB)
|Managing Director: ||The Eastern Engineering Works Ltd.
| ||Bright Steel Wire Rope MFG. Co. Ltd.
| ||Bright Traders (Overseas)
|Former Director: || The Pan Pacific Sonargaon Hotel, Dhaka
| || Dhaka Stock Exchange & Chittagong Stock Exchange
|Other Business: ||President, Bangladesh Spring Manufacturers Association.
|Organizations: ||Former Director Central Depository of Bangladesh Ltd.
| ||Former Director Padma Oil Co. Ltd. the biggest oil distributing company in Bangladesh.
| ||Former General Manager of Bangladesh Steel and Engineering Corporation.
Involvement in Education:
- Member of the Academic Council of Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujibur Rahman Digital University, Kaliakair, Gazipur, Bangladesh.
- Chairman, Kotalipara Union Institute Pilot High School, Kotalipara, Gopalgonj (for the last 35 years).
- Founder Donor Member, Tungipara Sheikh Mujibur Rahman Degree College, Tungipara, Gopalgonj.
- Chief Patron/Chief Advisor, Sharaban Tahura Mohila Kaumi Madrasha, Kotalipara, Gopalgonj (one of the largest Mohila Madrasha in the country)
- Chief Patron, Jamea Islamia Kurpala Madrasha & Orphanage, Kotalipara, Gopalgonj.
- Former Senate Member, University of Dhaka.
- Former Regent Member , Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujibur Rahman Science & Technology University, Gopalgonj.
- Founder Chairman, Sheikh Hasina Adarsha Moha Biddalaya, Kotalipara, Gopalgonj.
- Member, National Pay & Wage Commission, 2014.
- Chairman, VAT & Tax Standing Committee of Chattogram Chamber of Commerce & Industry for consecutive years since 1991.
- Vice President of Bangladesh OISCA, Chattogram Chapter.
- Life Member of Dhaka & Chattogram Lions Blood Bank.
- Life Member of Bangladesh Lions Foundation.
- Vice-Chairman, Past District Governors Forum.
- Advisor, Chattogram Diabetes Association.
- Member, Board of Trusty Dhaka Shishu Hospital, Dhaka.
- Chief Advisor, BD Railway Spares & Accessories Suppliers Association.
- Director, Bangabandhu Daridra Bimochon & Polly Unnayan Academy (BAPARD), Kotalipara, Gopalgonj.
- Life Member
» Bangladesh Red Crescent Society
» Bangladesh Diabetic Samity,
» Chittagong Shishu Hospital,
» Permanent Member Chittagong Club Ltd. since 1974.
Awards & Achievement
- Received UNESCO Gold Medal in 1991 for glorious social service.
- Received Scientist Sir Jagadish Chandra Bose National Smrity Memorial Gold Medal in grateful recognition of the unstinted and invaluable contribution rendered in the field of social service in 1993.
- Received “Shahid Suhrawardi National Gold Medal” in 1994 for education & social service.
- Received “Akram Kha Gold Medal” for significant contribution in Industrial Development.
- Received “Dr Muhammad Shahidullah Gold Medal” in 2008 as the recognition of playing a meaningful contribution in Educational, Social & Financial sector.
- Received World Quality Commitment Award in Gold Category from Paris, France in 2009 as outstanding banker.
- Received “The Global Economics Awards 2021” from the United Kingdom based organization “The Global Economics” as the Best Entrepreneur in Banking Sector– Bangladesh 2021.
- From The International Association of Lions Clubs
» 05 (five) “International President’s Leadership Awards”.
» 04 (Four) “International President’s Medals”.
» 25-Year Chevron Award and is a Melvin Jones Fellow.
» Membership Award.
» 100% District Governor’s Award.
» Extension Award.
» District Governor’s Appreciation Awards
» Past District Governor’s Running Trophies for outstanding Performance
» Iinternational President’s Certificates of Appreciation
» 07 (seven) “International President’s Leadership Awards”
» 06 (six) “International President’s Medals”
» “Ambassador of Good Will”
a) Elected as District Governor, Lions District 315 B-2 for lionistic year 1993-94.
b) Chairman of Long Range Planning of MD 315 (From 1995-1996).
c) Elected as Chairman of the Council of Governors, Lions Clubs International Multiple District–315, Bangladesh in 1994-1995.
d) Area Leader of Campaign 100, LCIF.
e) International Director(2018-2021).
f) Chairman of the Organizing Committee of ISAME Forum 2023, Dhaka.
- Member of Advisory Council of the ruling party of Bangladesh Awami League.
- Chairman, Industry & Commerce Sub-Committee of Bangladesh Awami League
Actively participated in the liberation war in 1971 and made significant contributions.
- As the leader of the business delegation accompanying the Honorable Prime Minister of Bangladesh, visited numerous countries including India, Germany, Japan, China, Italy, USA.
- As Entourage of the Honorable Prime Minister of Bangladesh, Ln. Qazi Akramuddin Ahmed also attended 65th, 67th, 68th & 69th (2014) UN General Assembly at New York, USA.
- Most of the prominent countries of Asia, Europe, Africa Australia & North America.