- The nationality of the individual / firm has to be Bangladeshi.
- It is mandatory for the proposed agent to have a minimum educational qualification of H.S.C or an Equivalent
degree. Must have ability to understand the relevant rules & regulations of the Agent Banking system. However,
in some cases, exceptions could be made for deserving candidates.
- The applicant's age limit is 18-65 years. However, in some cases, exceptions could be made for deserving
- The applicant should be a local resident of the area.
- The person/firm has to be financially sound and solvent.
- The applicant should have his own/rented business premise.
- The proposed agent, cannot in any way, be a loan defaulter.
- The proposed agent, cannot in any way, have a record of being penalized by any civil or criminal court.
- The agent is expected to have adequate business experience combined with a good reputation in the locality.
- Any applicant engaged in subversive activities will be rejected.
- The proposed agent should have adequate knowledge and ability to handle technology based financial services.
- The person should have the ability to meet all kinds of commitments under adverse situations.
- People with the capacity to manage cash handling in the Agent Banking Centre, will be given preference.
- Any person holding the position/s of a director, Managing Director/CEO in an organization, or holding a
significant number of shares of the banking company or their spouses or banking employee will not quality to
apply as an agent (Banking Company Law 1991 Section 26 GA).